Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Stent Success

Yesterday I had a stent holding my right ureter open replaced. The stents typically last only 6-8 weeks before the kidney builds irritating stones around the tube. My new stent will easily last me through the end of my Chemo and will ensure that I keep both kidneys functioning. Based on the amount the tumor had been pinching off the ureter, my Urologist said that he's confident the tumor has shrunk significantly more since my last CT scan. My next progress update showing actual tumor size won't come until the first of February, so this kind of good news was very welcome.

My next Chemo is scheduled for this Friday. I intend to post updates more frequently over the next couple of months now that I'm done taking tests. Stay tuned. Again, thank you for your continued prayers and support.

4 comments:

Matthew Scott said...

Greg, thanks for the update. I'm always happy to hear your optimism and the wonderful progress you have made. Keep up the good work.

Michelle said...

Good luck tomorrow. We'll put your name on the prayer roll up here in AK.

Candice said...

and glad to hear good news. i hope you are too nauseated this week.

Candice said...

sorry, one handed typing is tricky. not sick is what i'm rooting for!!