Friday, December 26, 2008

Happy Holidays from the newest C.P.M.

Christmas has been particularly good this year. I have so much to be grateful for! It's so nice to be in my "good days" during Christmas and New Years, since the first half of my 21 day Chemotherapy cycles can be tough. My next treatment is scheduled on January 2nd, with a minor kidney stent removal surgery on December 29th. It's been nice spending time with family and eating good food. I've taken a few more breaks from the daily quart of carrot juice in my regimen, (please nobody tell my grandma) and I'm feeling great!

The other big news is I've studied for and passed tests for C.P.M. (Certified Purchasing Manager) Modules 2, 3, and 4 all in the month of December. I am now Certified! (http://www.ism.ws/certification/content.cfm?ItemNumber=4674&navItemNumber=5616) My current employer has been a big advocate for continuing education, and it's been nice to be able to keep working toward some of my professional goals in addition to beating cancer. After 3 month at home, I'm very anxious to get back to work. Happy Holidays!

No comments: