Friday, October 10, 2008

Chemotherapy - Day 1

After finishing a final for my last MBA course, I headed to the "Chemo Den" to start Day 1 of my chemotherapy. I call it the Chemo Den because I sit in one of about ten Lay-z-Boy chairs set in a circle where other Chemo patients are hooked in to the drip. Nothing like a bunch of fogies sitting in a circle talking about their aches and pains ... much like the San Francisco Opium Dens in the early 1900's but with a sterile environment and nurse supervision. Oh yeah, there's no opium either, just a variety of Chemos that range in color and effects. Today I got the cherry coolaid in a vial, a smaller clear vial of sweetness, and an IV bag of watery goodness. As you can tell from my humor or lack thereof, I'm taking the Chemo well today. I ate a full Paradise Bakery sandwich after Chemo, which is more than I've eaten all week. I'm still losing weight, but at a healthy rate to win the "Ab-off" next June. Watch out former roommates, I got this in the bag!

Thank you again for your prayers, love, and support.

Greg & Leslie

4 comments:

Candice said...

Good job Greg! I hope you win the contest. Good luck. We love you.

Alli said...

Good to hear Greg! Keep up the positive attitude!! I am so glad you guys opened this blog so we can read all about this! Thank you! You both ROCK!!
Love you all
Mike and ALLI

Amy said...

That's great, Greg! Thanks for keeping us all updated. We love you.

Michelle said...

So glad to hear! We love you guys!