Thursday, February 12, 2009

Day 1 - Cancer Free

Today I'm changing my count from counting up from my first chemo to counting up the days I've been cancer free. That's right, I said cancer free! I met with my Oncologist this morning. She came to my room and stood outside the door reading my recent scan and had to call the Radiologist who read the scan to be sure about my prognosis. The scan not only shows no sign of active cancer cell growth, but the tumor is completely gone. The tumor had barely shrunk after chemo #3 and #4, and it was still 6cm in diameter at #5. To some people this might just be considered an unexplainable surprise, but to a religious person like myself I'm calling it a miracle.

I'm going to add a ticker to my blog counting up my cancer free days so that I can move on to the more important purposes of this blog - hobbies. So thank you all one more time for your prayers and support. Stay tuned if you would like and I'll try to keep this blog worth your reading.

Greg

11 comments:

Ruth said...

I have been happy all day thinking of the great miracle in your lives. I have cried several times. Thanks for all of your hard work and patience in getting better! I am so happy!!! I love you guys! Please keep up the good work.

Abbie said...

Greg, I don't think you know me but I am a friend of Candice and Kim's and I have been spying on your blog. I am so happy for you and your absolutely fantastic news of being cancer free!! what a great day for you and your family.

Abbie

Unknown said...

I am so happy to hear that!! It really is a miracle and I know that through all of our prayers and the hard work that you and Leslie have put in this was able to happen. I can't express how happy I am to hear this and I'm glad to see your Hobby Blog!! I love you both so much.

Amy said...

P.S. the preceding post was from me...I didn't realize Shylah was logged in :)

Amy

Candice said...

I'm looking forward to reading about your hobbies. Now that you are cancer free, maybe you and Brian should go fishing together, then we'll both have something to post;) Congratulations!!

Sarah said...

WOW FRIEL..Em told me the news, it's amazing, I'm so happy!

Alli said...

That is wonderful news!! Congratulations! you guys are such strong people. I am so happy that everything has turned out good.

Michelle said...

Amazing--Congratulations! Sorry about screening your phone calls except that you should know that you call at all the wrong times...! Just kidding, but really. Don't you know my schedule? You just need to come up here and visit. There's some good fishing spots right here in town. Maybe over summer solstice? There's a run that starts around 10 pm...think about it.

Anonymous said...

Hi Greg,

Don't know if you remember me, but its Susan from Western Trading Co. I just got your blog address and was reading some of your posts. My thoughts are with you and Leslie. Both of you are amazing people-so strong and brave! I'm happy to hear that you are cancer free. By the way, your son is so cute!

Robyn said...

I'm a little late on reading the update. YEAH! I am so happy to hear the news! I am so grateful that Heavenly Father has granted you this miracle. I am a big believer in miracles myself. What a blessing! We'll have to get together for games soon and celebrate.

Breton Friel said...

Say, that's a nice picture at the top of your new hobby blog. I bet some studmuffin of a little brother took that photo in Alaska...and you can keep that photo on your blog for only three easy payments of 49.95, and one complicated payment. Not going to tell you which one it will be, but one of those payments is going to be haaaarrrrd!!