Friday, November 21, 2008

Day 43 - Tumor shrank more than 50%

Tuesday I had a CT scan done on my abdomen to check what effect the prayers, chemotherapy, daily quart of carrot juice, nasty wheat grass juice, and herbal supplements have had on my tumor.

Good news! The tumor shrank more than 50% after just 2 treatments. Instead of holding a small football in my abdomen, I now have two IPods stacked on top of each other. My Dr. warned me not to expect that kind of progress on my next scan scheduled around 12/29, but because of some of the things she has said, I believe I am on the high end of tumor reduction progress for the first 2 treatments.

Again, I can't say enough how grateful I am for all of your thoughts and prayers. I am truly blessed to have so many thoughtful family members and friends. Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Greg

11 comments:

Candice said...

Oh, Greg, I am so relieved. I hope that things continue to progress so well. I'm starting my wheatgrass treatment too; it's growing and ready to be juiced, but I'm being a little chicken about it. I'll try it in the next day or two.....Good luck with round 3. We all love you so much.

love
candice and brian

Alli said...

That is wonderful news! CONGRATS. Keep up the great work!
Good luck with the round 3 :) we are praying for you!!

Phyllis said...

Woohoo!! Grandma Mangum and I are very relieved. Mom's words were, "I Thank Heavenly Father." We all do, we love you so much.

I pray round three is very successful also.

Love Aunt Phyllis and Grandma Mangum

Kara's Party Ideas said...

that is SO awesome guys!! we love you tons and are always praying for you. round 3 will bring the same results!

Amy said...

Greg, that is sooo great!! I can't tell you how happy that makes me. I hope that it only continues to shrink and shrink and disappear!!

sebi & audra said...

We are so happy that things have been so successful this far! Stay strong and faithful and know that you and your family are in our prayers. Good luck with the next couple of treatments. :)

Michelle said...

Awesome! Prayers from Alaska count double, you know.

jeanna eggers said...

Thats such great news! We'll keep praying for more miracles :)

Travis and Heather said...

Yea for you!!! That is wonderful news!! Keep up the gruelling hard work!! IT is obviously paying off..

Sarah said...

FOR REAL...I'm so happy to hear the great news.

Athack77 said...

Hey we were checking out your blog and are happy to hear about your progress. We hope to hear more good news soon!