Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Day 26 - Chemo #2 Wearing Off

I've decided to date everything back to my first chemo treatment because that is the most calendar friendly. Even though the pre-chemo surgeries started a month before, I can count down the progress of chemo treatments every 21 days.

As expected, this round was milder than the first treatment only because I haven't had to deal with any additional illness. Today is my fifth day since treatment, and I'm resisting taking the anti-naseau medication that puts me to sleep for 18 hours a day. My weight is stabilizing and I have a new CT scan to look forward to on November 18 (before my next treatment). Although I'm hoping the scan shows there is nothing left of the tumor, I'll be happy to see it shriveling away like an ugly little raisin.

Day 30 - I didn't think this was worthy of a new post, so I'm adding it to this one. I stopped taking my medication too soon on Day 26 and ended up paying for it the next few days. I'm just recovering this weekend. Yeah!

9 comments:

Alli said...

Glad to hear things are progressing! Keep up the GREAT attitude!! :)

Michelle said...

Awesome! Wish I lived closer to home so we could play games.

Amy said...

Greg, I'm so glad that you are doing so well with the Chemo...I, too, hope you see the tumor shriveling away!!

Ruth said...

You are one brave man! Take that nausea medicine as long as you need it! You looked great the other day. I was glad to see you carrying Kylan and playing with him and also playing games with us. That felt hopeful to me.

Sarah said...

Very happy to hear all treatment is going well. Hope you're feeling better in time for the holidays.

Take care,
Sarah

krista said...

Greg, you are such a trooper. Just wanted you to know we are thinking of you and hope you are doing well. Krista

Lhone said...

I'm glad to see you are handling things. Such an example of strength through trials. we'll pray for you.

Amy and Brad said...

Hen how Greg.
Your an inspiration!

jeanna eggers said...

Thanks for the update! I think of you and Les and pray for you often. Cant wait to hear about the scan.